Eligible businesses on the Northern Beaches can now register to take part in the NSW Government’s major economic stimulus program, Dine & Discover NSW.
The program aims to create an economic boost for local dining, arts and tourism businesses, which have been impacted by COVID-19, and encourage customers to get out and about safely.
Manly MP James Griffin encouraged local businesses to register and get ready so they can “hit the ground running” when the program goes live.
Service NSW is launching a specialised app for participating businesses, so they scan and track voucher usage over the life of the program.
After applying online, NSW businesses will be able to track the progress of the application through their MyServiceNSW Business Profile.
Business owners will then receive a step-by-step process on how to get ready.
“With a high uptake of the vouchers expected across the state, the Business Profile provides one, easy-to-use location for businesses to stay on top of voucher transactions,” Mr Griffin said.
“All eligible businesses will receive an email from Service NSW with details on how to register. I also urge residents to do yourself a favour and download the Service NSW app now in anticipation of the rollout.”
The program will be rolled out in a few steps:
Phase one will include a pilot at The Rocks and in Broken Hill in early February. The pilot will then be expanded to the Northern Beaches, Sydney CBD and Bega Valley Shire Council, which is expected to commence in late February.
The findings from the pilots will inform the state wide rollout, expected to commence in March that will run until 30 June 2021.
Every NSW resident aged 18 and over will be eligible for four $25 vouchers worth $100 in total, to spend in participating businesses. The vouchers will be divided into two categories:
- Two $25 vouchers to be used for eating in at restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and clubs from Monday to Thursday, excluding public holidays.
- Two $25 vouchers to be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues, available 7 days a week, excluding public holidays.
To register, you must:
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST – ensure your details are correct on the Australian Business Register before registering
- operate in NSW
- be registered as COVID Safe and have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place
- operate in one of these eligible industries:
- cafés and restaurants
- pubs, taverns, wineries, bars and clubs
- scenic and sightseeing transport
- museums, galleries and historic sites
- zoos, botanic gardens, wildlife parks and nature reserves
- performing arts operations, theatres and entertainment centres
- amusement, theme and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf, billiards, bowling or ice-rinks
- outdoor adventures
- travel agencies and tours.
For more information on Dine & Discover NSW business registration and eligibility, visit